Sunday, February 28, 2010

I promised you daffys and daffys I give you!

Ok, for all of you snow bound, frozen to the bone folks here is some bright sunshine! Even though we had 3 inches of snow last week (unbelievable for Central Texas) the daffodils made it through.
Our arboretum has even more patches of daffys than last year. They are all over the place and many have bloomed. I suspect we will have daffys for at least the next two to three weeks, which makes me SMILE!
So here are the pics I took today. Absorb all the warm, yellow color from them that you can and think sunny thoughts!


10 comments:

Ranae said...

Thanks for the sunshiny warmth from Northern Illinois. We need it
Pretty daffy's

Dani - tkdchick said...

Once ours pops up it'll be a sure sign of spring in the north.

Debbie Jo said...

Love the daffy's! Thanks for sharing.

JessB said...

Such pretty flowers! They have to make you smile.

crossstitchbibs said...

Beautiful flowers - glad to know spring is coming somewhere - it sure isn't in western Pennsylvania. We got 6 more inches of snow yesterday. The only good part about more snow is it covered up the dirty snow - lol. Another advantage of the snow is that I stay in and stitch!

Carolyn NC said...

Yay - nice to see a sign that spring will come!

Kathy said...

They are beautiful. And I am pea green with jealousy. :) I still have a month before mine even think about blooming. Especially after the 10 more inches of snow we had on Friday!

Enjoy.

Meari said...

Just what I needed! A glimpse of spring :)

Anonymous said...

I miss the snow and change of seasons.... Oh wait did I just say I missed the snow.... LOL silly me...with the artic air here in FL... LOL

Karan said...

Daffs are such sunny, joyous flowers. Thanks for the sunshine. :0)