I had a lovely Saturday. My EGA had our annual May luncheon and despite some minor catering problems, it was wonderful. The food was good and the fellowship even better. I laughed and talked and ate myself into needing a nap afterward. Here are some photos of the luncheon:
And now about the biscornu. I passed out the fabric, threads, etc and instructions for the biscornu at the luncheon.
I had stitched most of the top of the biscornu before my friend Lenna took it over for me in an effort to keep my sanity (I only needed 3 small specialty stitches on the top). She did the backside and put it together.
It shouldn't surprise you that with all the problems I had with it when I was stitching it that I would have problems with taking a picture of it now that it is finished. I took 10 photos, all of which are blurry. Here are two of the best (if you can say best in this situation).
Now, let me give some people their "props". Thanks to Lenna for finishing this for me. You are an angel. Thanks to Mary Ann & Dana for helping me with the supplies for this project. Thanks to Mary for sending me her finished biscornus to show as examples. And thanks to all of you who have encouraged me.
I will be giving this little jewel away at a later date. I still have to teach the class this month and next. Wish me luck!
P.S. You might have noticed I now have a Facebook Badge. I am now on Facebook. Come visit me there if you like. I know NOTHING of Facebook but had many requests to join Facebook so I gave in!
Projects looming and new cello
1 week ago