Sunday, April 19, 2009

Flowers, bees (or wasps), and water

My Sunday was lovely. After feeling like crud last week, I think I am finally turning the corner. Today I felt more like "myself" than I have in weeks.
My husband took me to the arboretum and to the lake for a lovely drive. Yesterday was cloudy and rainy most of the day, but today was beautiful.
I know this is supposed to be a stitching blog and I have done a little stitching (I will show later), but lately "spring fever" has caught me and I have loved seeing all the wonderful flowers and taking pictures of everything.
First, here is a lovely peach colored rose. The wasp was enjoying it as much as I.

And then I saw these beautiful tiny purple flowers among these pink roses.

Then we drove by the lake. The water was choppy due to the wind, but there were some boaters and one brave skier (the temp outside was only in the 70's). We also saw this cute family that was fishing. They had a little 2 year old girl that was so precious. She ran up and down the hill with her father in pursuit of her. If you look closely you can see the whole family by the lake fishing.

All in all it was a wonderful day. My husband and I had some quiet time just the two of us, away from everything. I got some fresh air, as well as a fresh perspective on life.
I promise I will have more stitching soon. But spring and those wonderful spring flowers just last a little while, so we have to enjoy them while we can!

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Glad you're feeling better! I'm sure the fresh air and the beautiful flowers helped you :-)
We've been outside all day, planting flowers, digging up weeds, etc. It was beautiful today...but that heat is not too far off!

Chars said...

Sounds like a wonderful relaxing day and glad to hear you are feeling better...

Kathy said...

I'm so gald you are feeling better, The day with DH sounds like it was the perfect therapy.

Terry said...

Happy to hear that you are feeling better! Sounds like you had a lovely relaxing day. You need more of those. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Meari said...

Beautiful pics! Amazing how a bit of nature lifts your spirits, isn't it? Glad you're feeling better.

CindyMae said...

Beautiful pictures! I am so glad that you are feeling better too! The weather here has been wonderful the last couple days as well and it has sure been wonderful!

4th WORLD DESIGN said...

Hey sweetie this is your DH , love how the pictures came out , had a great day yesterday . I love you .

Michelle said...

Glad you had such a wonderful day and that you are feeling better. Sending you hugs. Love Michelle x

Karan said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better - sounds like the lovely day was just the right therapy. :0)

Cindy F. said...

So glad you're feeling better Donna:) Your pics are beautiful!
Thanks for sharing.