Saturday, July 25, 2009

Having fun with family

I started my vacation at 12:01pm on Friday. My mom went to a Mary Kay party with her hairdressers and my husband was out on the road on Friday night so I had the house all to myself for a couple of hours. First time in I don't know how long!
Then my dd and her husband (and of course my 2 grandsons) arrived at 10:00pm last night. Let the partying begin! We all got to bed around 1:00am and then were up at 7:00am to go to Austin to a Pizza Park.
This place is about one and a half hours from the house. We loaded up two cars with my mom, my dd & her husband, my grandsons, my husband and myself and off we went. The park has just about everything you want to do and more from putt putt, to go carts, to bumper boats and lazor tag and video games.
Here is a pic of the entire family before all the activities:

Now the gray streak that is going down the middle of my head will be going away this week.
My grandsons and DD are here for a week. My DH is also off most of the week. Our plans include the boys going to VBS every morning, and then all of us going to the movies, bowling, the spray park and then those that are brave enough, going on the slip and slide at the house in the evenings.
I don't think I will get much stitching in...

8 comments:

Beth said...

Happy vacation! It sounds like you have a wonderful week planned! Enjoy your time with the family.

Hugs,
Beth

omashee aka Barb said...

Donna, have a wonderful, well deserved vacation with your loved ones. The stitching will wait!
Hugs, Barb

Cindy F. said...

Now that sounds like a lot of fun!!
Just the kind of vacation I could use;)
Hope you all have a blast!

Kathy said...

I hope you all have a fantabulous time!

Carolyn NC said...

Woo hoo - good times indeed! Enjoy, enjoy!

The Hines Family said...

Yay! Sounds like your vacay is off to a fabulous start. That is a great pic of the entire fam :)!

Meari said...

Enjoy your vacation, Donna. Great family pic!

CindyMae said...

You totally deserve this vacation, you are always doing so much. I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy time with those grandsons!!!