Sunday, November 15, 2009

The family and some stitching

Today our whole "local" family went out to lunch to celebrate my BIL birthday. Mom, my 2 nieces & one's bf and my sis & BIL and my husband and I. We started at Texas Roadhouse, but they were too full for a table of 8 so we ended up at Logan's. The food was really good and the company was even better. Here is a rare group photo of us all:

One of our local firefighters was killed by his son this past week. It was terribly sad.
My mom has a lifeline button and so when she falls & I can't get her up, the station this firefighter was at is the group that comes and helps her. This particular firefighter was always so nice to Mom and even remembered her name when he would come out.
After his death I spoke to the fire chief about how sad we were at his loss. The local TV station got word of that and asked that Mom & I do an interview for the news.
You can see the interview at KWTX.com and then look on the right side where it says video. We are the one that says "Waco residents remember"
And finally I have started stitching again. I am working on a square for my SFAC project. Here is a picture of the start:

All in all it has been a nice weekend. The weather has been wonderful. Maybe this means the week will get off to a good start. Hope your weekend has been great and your week is even better!

10 comments:

crossstitchbibs said...

Wow you got a really great start!!! I have not started yet on mine - my husband's friend's death has put a big change in everything I had planned to get done in the last few days. But I will get it started soon. Since the holes are so small I will have to work on it and another project at the same time so I can give my eyes a little rest.

JessB said...

So nice to be able to get the family together. How blessed you are to have so many nearby. So sorry to hear about the firefighter. Needless, horrible loss.

Lana said...

It looks great Donna!

The Hines Family said...

What a wonderful news story! I know that you and your mother will miss him greatly.

CindyMae said...

Your family time out looks wonderful! I am so sorry for Waco's terrible loss!! My prayers are with you all! Gorgeous new start, I look forward to watching it grow!!

Kathy said...

SOunds like you had a great family get together.

Lovely start on the new piece.

Meari said...

Pretty colors in your SAL. That's really sad about the firefighter.

Carolyn NC said...

Donna, how sad about the fireman. What a sweet interview you gave about him! Your stitching looks great!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Donna I'm glad you're stitching again! I just can't wait for all the crazyness in my life to be over so I can just sit and stitch and not think about all I need to do or should be doing!

Karan said...

Lovely WIP. Great family pic too. :0)
Such a sad thing to happen.