Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank you to all the Veterans

I want to take a moment to personally say thank you to all the veterans and all the military personnel and their families for the job they do (and have done) in keeping us safe and living in the best country in the world.
My dad was a veteran. He hurt his back in Korea and always walked hunched over as long as I can remember. I had just been born when he returned from overseas in a body cast. He was my hero in many, many ways and his being a veteran was one of them.
My boss Jim served in Vietnam. He was a Navy pilot. That took a toll on his back also. Many days I see him in pain even now for what he did for our country. And unlike the soldiers that return to the US now, he wasn't greeted with parades and people cheering. Like this war now, many people disagreed with us being there. But unlike now, they couldn't support our soldiers without supporting the war. Thank you Jim for all you did for our country!
Our Community Relations Director, Keith served in the military and while I don't know exactly what he did, I am thankful he served and helped keep us safe.
And we have two fine phlebotomists, Billy and Eddriel, who have served recently. Billy is going back in March and it will a big void when he leaves. Thank you to you two for what you have done and what you will do for us.

1 comment:

Karan said...

You have a very big heart Donna.