Thursday, July 9, 2015

Today I learned that it is not a smart move to use your bare hand to grip a ceramic plate that has just been taken out of a 425 degree oven.  You now know.
Besides the lesson of how to not burn my hand, I learned something else today.
Nachos do not have to be bad for you. They do not have to be loaded with lots of chips and cheese to be satisfying.
I took about 10 baked dipper tortilla chips (it may have been even less, some were broken). I thinly sliced a piece of leftover steak (from last night) and put a sprinkling of grated Mexican cheese (about 1 1/2 tbs). Put in the oven at 425 for a few minutes. Added some sliced avocado (rather than my usual guacamole/sour cream toppings).
It was delicious and satisfying. I am a cheese LOVER and I can tell you this gave me my cheese "fix" without totally blowing my healthy eating habits.
Hmm...see I am not too old to learn new tricks!

No comments: