Friday, July 24, 2015

Well, Friday night I checked something off on my bucket list.  I got a tattoo.  For so long I have wanted one, but most of my life I have been on a blood thinner, with Coumadin being the drug of choice for most of that time.
Coumadin requires about 7 days to get out of your system and I didn't dare go that long with the possibility of having another clot form.  But this year I was put on Xarelto and that only has a day half life (which means I can stop one day).
So I stopped my blood thinner (no of course I didn't consult my doctor!  What fun would that have been?) on Thursday and got the tattoo on Friday evening and started the medicine again Friday night.
I also had to think about what I really wanted.  Then I read about the semi-colon project and I really wanted to do that type of a tattoo.  A semi-colon can be used where a sentence would normally go on, continuing on with the story.  (Read more about it here: Semi-Colon Tattoo Project). 
But I didn't want just the semi-colon.  I wanted something personal about my own story.  And I found it.  Here is a picture of my new tattoo:
I am very happy with it.  It is just perfect for me.  Just Breathe is my mantra. 
On another note, I went to the doctor today and I have lost another 5 pounds.  That brings me to 22 pounds since I started my new healthy eating program.
My primary care physician is sending me to a neurologist for numbness and pain in my arms and hands and to the rheumatologist for my generalized pain issues. 
Hopefully they can get a handle on them. 
On a plus note, I am feeling a little better.  I talked to my doctor about me filing for disability and he said he felt strongly it was the right decision.  We shall see.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I have been a follower of your blog from way back when, when you use to do a lot of cross stitch. Reading your posts as of late I can relate to. I am 38, but have been sick for a long time, back in April I was dx'ed with MS. I am beginning to think I am in the beginning stages as well of some sort of arthritis because I have nodules forming on the knuckles of both of my hands. The years that have passed have been difficult, I have had high blood pressure issues, way too high for too long before I was able to find a way to get it under control mostly. Back in October it was discovered I had cancerous growth on my uterus, which resulted in a hysterectomy, but since then I have had other problems that I have had to get sorted. I was also diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome, but that was just the beginning. For years I had problems with my feet and hands being numb a lot and having great difficulty with pain and sometimes just walking, back in February I thought I had a stroke because I woke up with the left side of my body paralyzed. Went to the er but they said I did not have a stroke but could not explain what was going on either, but to follow up with my doctor, did that and many appts later with my neurologist it was discovered I had MS, but that I had been battling it for years because of the amount of lesions that was shown on my brain, which would explain why I was having issues on a daily basis like I was and am and will for the rest of my life. I have to admit, since then I have been depressed and have lots of fear, but at the same time I live life everyday just like you are doing because I refuse to give up and give in. Take each day as it comes. No matter what it sounds like you have a great support system and that will help you a lot!

CAESAR SHOP said...

Thank you for sharing in this article
I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
I hope to read the next your article updates

[-] Vimax
[-] Vimax Asli
[-] Vimax Canada
[-] Obat Vimax
[-] Pembesar Penis