Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Boy has this been a good day!

My dh James and I celebrated my birthday today. James is off on Tuesdays, so I took off today also. Now on yesterday he gave me a beautiful digital frame and a rolling cart to hold all my "stuff".
Today we started the day by going to my favorite restaurant, Luigi's. MMM! The food was so good. Here is a pic of James and I at Luigi's.

Next we went to my favorite LNS, MaryAnn's Needleworks. I went to buy some thread for another one of my stitching for a cure ornaments. I picked out two colors of Wildflowers and MaryAnn gave them to me free for my birthday. Isn't she cool? I have included a pic of her next to her shop.

McGregor is a little town outside of where I live. Luigi's and MaryAnn's are located there. They have the most beautiful murals on their buildings. It is a very old town that has wonderful small shops all over.
We then went to several different stores and such. The final stop was at the Arboretum. I looked and looked for the roadrunners they have there, but alas they must have been in hiding. But I did get a pic of this beautiful daffodil that is blooming there. The weather was wonderful. Mid 70's.

And then, I found that my heart diamond floss holder was featured in the About.com cross stitch photo album. Here is the site:
http://crossstitch.about.com/od/crossstitchphotos/ig/Cross-Stitch-Photo-Album/
All in all, a fantastic day.

13 comments:

Terri said...

Sounds like a great day.

Chars said...

Happy Birthday :) Sounds like you had a wonderful day :)

Carolyn NC said...

Nice day, for sure! Congrats!

Rene la Frog said...

Sounds like you had a really nice day.

Meari said...

Happy Birthday, Donna. Sounds like a wonderful day!

Kathy said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day. BUT I am super jealous of your temps in the 70s. IT IS ONLY 15 THIS MORNING!!! Brrrrrrr. No sign of daffodils here. LOL
Seriously, love the photo of the daffy. It is such a wonderful symbol of spring and hope. So okay maybe it will warm up here soon. :)

Cindy F. said...

Awesome day!! Such a pretty pic of you and dh!!

Jinger said...

Happy belated B-day. Sounds like you had a good time.

Karan said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. :0)

Nancy M said...

Hope you had a great birthday! I'm still in shock over the daffodil.....live in MI!!

omashee aka Barb said...

Happy Birthday Donna! What a wonderful way to celebrate!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Congratulations. What a birthday!

Debbie Jo said...

Sounds like a wonderful day out with your DH. Belated Happy Birthday.