Sunday, February 15, 2009

Progress on the biscornu


As I have said before, I don't know why I dread working on this project. I haven't even gotten to the point where I am attaching two pieces to make the biscornu. Right now it is just regular cross stitching with some specialty stitches.
Maybe it is because the color changes every two or three stitches. Maybe it is because I think I ordered the wrong color fabric and I don't like the way the colors look with the fabric. And maybe it is because for the first time in a long time I am working with DMC and the texture of the thread seems different.
But in any event, here is my progress. I'm scared of Mary in my Cross Stitch Addiction Yahoo group (wink, wink). She threatened last week to get out a cattle prod. My DH even told me today after we got the groceries, when I headed to the computer, that I had better plant my rearend in the chair and stitch on it or else someone was going to get me.
So, here it is. I have a little more specialty stitching to do and have to attach a few beads. Then I have to do the back piece and put it together. I think I should have it all done by end of March. I want to show it at the April meeting (third Thursday in April). I have to kit up all the supplies for it and pass it out in May and then I will show how to put it together in June. SO good news is I am ahead of the game.
Put down the cattle prod Mary. I have been good this weekend. LOL

15 comments:

Ranae said...

I think the fabric is awesome with the pretty design. It is coming along great. It will be finished in no time now, right?? lol
Congrats! on that fabulous win too, lucky girl!!
Your daffodils are so pretty, I can't wait till mine pop up.

Daffycat said...

Those colors are lovely with the fabric color. This will be a beautiful biscornu.

Terri said...

Looks very pretty

Rene la Frog said...

Nice progress and I think the colors go very well together

Anonymous said...

Your doing a great job. I love those colors on that fabric. It is going to be very pretty when completed.

Carolyn NC said...

It's very pretty, Donna! I think you might be more pleased with it than you think!

Unknown said...

I think the combination of threads and fabric look really good. The colors stand out beautifully. But, its the stitchers individual preferences that really count.

Unknown said...

It looks really pretty. Who knows, it might be one of those things that after you finish it you think,'so what was the big deal? It really IS pretty? What was I so worried about?' Sometimes time has a way of offering a different perspective on things, LOL! :)

Nancy M said...

Very pretty and delicate!

Olga said...

Donna,
English Cottage" is coming along nicely, the colors are pretty, you need to finish to appreciate the final result. I stitched this design last year, if you are wondering how it looks on another fabric color, here is a link for you: http://olenkas-stitches.blogspot.com/2008/05/le-tour-des-jardins-and-english-cottage.html .
I just love your daffodils pictures, they are so pretty and fresh, you are right they are very sun-y.

Wendy said...

Great progress on the biscornu! You did choose a very nice fabric for it!

Cindy F. said...

Donna, I think the floss colors look gorgeous with the fabric!
You're worrying too much:) You are doing a beautiful job!

Olga said...

Donna,
Thank you for congratulating my mother, it's so sweet of you.
Hugs,
Olga

CindyMae said...

I think that it is just gorgeous! I love the colors and the design!

Karan said...

The biscornu is looking so pretty. Will enjoy seeing it all finished. :0)