Monday, February 23, 2009

25 things about me (you probably wish you didn't know!)

Erynne of http://be-stitched.blogspot.com (which by the way you should definitely check out!) had a list of 25 things about her and she encouraged us to do the same list with stuff about me.
So, if you are extremely bored and would like to know a little more about me, here we go!
1. I am the oldest of 2 girls.
2. I waited until I was 44 years old before I got married for the first time. It was a wedding, white dress with 4 foot train, the whole thing!
3. Even though I wasn't married, I am the mother of a daughter now 26 and the grandmother of 2 boys.
4. I left home at 17 (my choice) went to Florida with a friend for a year and had a wild time. But I came home (thank goodness I had parents who let me!)
5. My dad was the greatest man I ever knew (except my husband). He passed away 13 years ago and I miss him.
6. My mom had a stroke when I was 10. She has been completely paralyzed on her right side since she was 30 and her speech is at best difficult to understand.
7. Dad never left Mom or us until he died. He took us everywhere, from sea to shining sea.
8. I wanted to be a nurse, but didn't finish nursing school.
9. I was the princess of sneaking out when I was a teenager. I kept clothes in the garage. I would sneak out and wait about 5 minutes on the back porch swing. If they heard me and came out, I said I couldn't sleep. If not, I would change in the garage and I was GONE!
10. I picked a very bad guy to fall in love with when I was 15. He just about destroyed my life. He was mean and abusive. I stayed with him off and on until I was 25. I cared nothing about finding anyone else for years until my DH came along and swept me off my feet. My DH is a hunk of burning love and I don't ever want to be without him!
11. I have worked in blood banking in almost every position available for the past 19 years. I love being able to help people.
12. I am very bossy. It helped me when I was a single parent.
13. Even though I am grossly overweight, I still love me. I hate the fact the fact my knees hurt and I am out of breath at the slightest bit of exercise. But if it wasn't for health problems, I would have no problem looking like I do. I am beautiful and my DH thinks I am a supermodel. (Seriously, I know I must lose weight for health reasons)
14. I have lots of people who love me. It is wonderful to go through life being loved.
15. I hated school and dropped out and got a GED at 17. Sometimes I wish I had the wonderful high school experience that some had, but I didn't. Still I have had great life experiences.
16. I had the meanest grandmother in Waco (where I live). My mom's mom was the meanest grandma and then she died and my dad's mom took over her throne. Seriously, she turned me into APS three times in the last 3 years of her life even though no one else would take care of her but me. She once told my uncle that if abortions were legal when she got pregnant with him, he wouldn't have been here. MEAN! MEAN! MEAN!
17. My hair has been every shade from blond to gray to red (even Ronald McDonald red) to dark brown. I mean EVERY shade. Once it turned orange with streaks.
18. I started driving at age 15. I had my first small accident 2 days after I got my license.
19. My favorite tree is the redbud. I just about lose my mind when the first signs of the redbud tree come to life and almost cry when they all turn green.
20. My favorite flower is a toss up between daffodils and blue bonnets. The daffodils bud out first here and I get so excited, but then when the blue bonnets come along, my whole family gets tired of me saying "Oh look, blue bonnets!" everywhere we go.
21. My mom lives with my husband and I. She is in a wheelchair and her health is getting worse day by day, but I do love having her here. Even though it is a strain, she is such a cutie. That is when she isn't cussing me! LOL!
22. My favorite color for years was purple. Then one day I woke up and didn't like purple anymore. Now my favorite color is green. Particularly the green apple shade. But I don't eat green apples. Too sour!
23. My boss walked me down the aisle when I got married.
24. I love birthdays! But I don't think I am going to like being 50. Don't know why, just don't think I will like it.
25. I love to talk, but this has wore me out.

There! 25 things about me. So, what are 25 things about yourself? Put it on your blog and let me know and I will read it!

10 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Wow - so cool to learn all these things about you!

Kathy said...

I enjoyed reading your 25 things. Thank you for sharing.

Stitcher said...

"I love to talk, but this has wore me out"
ROFLOL!! Tiring, isn't it? I really enjoyed reading all about you! The leaving home at 17 yrs old is something I can relate to as well as the purple and then green preference! The thought of biting into a green apple makes me shudder! Way too tart!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Meari said...

Very interesting to learn new things about you! :) Thanks for sharing.

CindyMae said...

Great things to know about you!!! I will try and take your challange from the blogging stitchers group and post 25 things about me on my blog soon. I just gotta really think about what I will tell people!

Cindy F. said...

Donna, what's not to love? You're beautiful inside and out!! Thanks for sharing!
I don't have the courage to list 25 things about myself!!! I respect you even more for being so brave!

Wendy said...

Wow, that is nice to read all these things about you. Now we will know you better! Thanks for sharing with us!

Karan said...

That's what I like to see: someone who LIVES their life. Thanks for sharing. :0)

Anonymous said...

It was great learning so much about you. I did the same thing on my blog. Take a look if you want. http://ourlifepicturebypicture.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

Love your comments. I may have to do the same...thanks for sharing.
Hey, Waco---down the street from me. I'm near Dallas.