Thursday, February 19, 2009

An e-mail from a new friend

Today I received this comment in an e-mail from someone who has been reading my blogs. Her name is Phyllis and I appreciate her taking an interest. Here are her comments:
"I wanted to comment on the biscornu. Last March a friend asked me to research and stitch a biscornu so I could present a program in finishing a biscornu to the Sampler group (satellite group of our EGA chapter). I didn't even know what one was! Thus began my "lurking" since she started me off with some sites as examples, etc. I presented my program, and people have enjoyed making biscornus. My advice: Stitch around the design in perle cotton. It makes it much easier to whip stitch, and it doesn't seem to get caught in the needle as you stitch. I may be jumping the gun because you may be doing a fabulously fancy edging that I did not undertake.
There are many sites with freebies, and many sites for finishing. I have attached a list of finishing sites that may help. I know that you can do this because your stitching it beautiful, and I can tell that you are talented. Keep on stitching and wow your group with your program. I wish you all the best."
Tonight at my EGA meeting I found many friends who have been reading my blogs. And I realized that all my complaining about this biscornu was silly. I can do this and I want to do this. I want to share this technique with those who have taught ME so much.
The stitching you see today is a direct result of the years of experience of my friends in the Texas Star EGA group. Yes, I have also learned a great deal from all of my blogging and my Yahoo groups, but my EGA helped me to get my "grounding".
It was there that I first learned about things like scroll frames and and centering my stitching on my fabric. ALL my specialty stitches I learned from them. There is such a wealth of knowledge in this group. And I have benefited greatly from it.
So now, it is my turn to offer them something.
P.S. Thank you Phyllis for saying my stitching is beautiful and that I am talented. Couldn't have done it without a little help from my friends and that now includes you!

5 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

How sweet and so true! Can't wait to hear how it all turns out. :)

Wendy said...

That is really nice and sweet! It is nice you can make friends through blogging.

Unknown said...

Isn't the internet amazing? It's fun how we can all connect and share our talents with each other. I look forward to seeing how your project turns out! :)

Meari said...

What a nice lady. I'm sure you'll do fine with your biscornu. :)

Cindy F. said...

Such a sweet email!!
Your stitching IS beautiful Donna!
Just like you!