Monday, October 27, 2008

Get ready to laugh

Ok, last night was the time when I had to cover those stubborn grey roots.  I didn't want to go to the beauty supply store so instead I went to the drugstore.  The cosmetics lady "helped" me to pick out the right shade of red that matched my current red.  The brand she said was the closest was a brand I had never used before.
So off I went.  I mixed it all up.  I am not a novice hair colorist.  I have had grey hair since I was 30 that I have been covering up.  I put it on and the color was majorly bright red.  But sometimes they are when you are working with them.
Left it on the time I was supposed to.  Took a shower to rinse.  When the water hit my hair, red went everywhere.  It looked like a scene from Psycho.  Red splatters on all 3 sides of the shower walls, on the shower curtain and the tub looked like the red sea.
I shampooed and got pink bubbles.  I rinsed and towel dried.  Had red dye go all on my towel.  I blowed dry my hair and it was wild.  The reddest red I have ever seen.  Dark, bright, bold red.
Took another shower.  Pink bubbles again.  Shampooed again.  Pink bubbles.  Towel dried.  Still red on the towel.  Not quite so bright, but still...
Got up this morning.  Shampooed my hair.  Pink bubbles and red on the towel.  My husband is sure I am killing something or someone with all the red on the towels.
Dried my hair and did it.  Not too bad, but not good.  Everyone just looked at me this morning like, there is something not right, but what is it?
Now after all that I found an inch section of hair behind my ear that didn't take the color at all.  Thank goodness I have short hair and can blend it in.
Now here is my fear.  I am going through early menopause and have those wonderful night sweats where you wake up and your hair is all wet.
Will this color bleed on my sheets?  Will my husband think I killed someone in the night and got in bed with him?
Stay tuned to this bat station and this bat channel for more bat news...(make that bad news...)

10 comments:

BW said...

LOL Donna! Having recently changed my hair color from dark blonde/light brown to dark red, I understand the red dye everywhere!!!

Rene la Frog said...

LOL....reminds me of when I was a teen and thought a red rinse on my natural blonde hair would be fun...can you say ORANGE. Would have been fine for Halloween but not a good Spring color. Hope you can get the color corrected soon and you don't wake up with a red pillow case and the cops knocking on the door wondering where the body is.

Sadie said...

ROFLMAO! This sounds exactly like me. I have brown, very curly hair but have been a red head (!) for the past 10 yrs. I have just bought a very, very red colour and will be doing it this week sometime. I always put old bedding on for the week after I colour. Do we get to see pics?!

Meari said...

Ahh, LOL.. I have the same problem with the black. After having a similar scenario (what a pain to clean up!), I learned not to take a shower first but to stick my head under the tub faucet until it runs clear then shampoo once or twice, maybe three times. I also have a couple old towels that I use for such occassions. I even put one on my pillow "just in case".

Unknown said...

Hmmm it will probably keep on bleeding unfortunately. I have only had green hair from a dyeing accident. I now just dye fabrics and leave my hair alone. I remember night sweats ugh.

Janaina said...

Hahahahaha... "It looked like a scene from Psycho" Hahahahahaha... =)

Nancy M said...

Maybe this is one of the stories that makes me glad I don't try to do it myself!!! Hope you have some burgundy towels to hide the red!

MommaC said...

Still think you should've take a picture for Halloween! Take a picture of your hair for your red obsessed grandson!

Carolyn NC said...

Donna,
Too funny! Good luck with the color - isn't it amazing how quickly we learn what not to use? Been there, done that, only mine was with blond and it didn't look like I'd killed someone!

Shelleen said...

LOL I have been there and done that. I have always been blonde and wanted a burgundy color. The kids wanted me to do it the morning of Christmas Eve. I said no way , we will wait and do it the day after Christmas. Good thing because it came out neon red LOL. it lasted quite a while but my saying was it is just hair and will go away eventually.